Big Wednesday IO, at all times, is committed to and actively seeks to protect and respect your privacy. This is of critical important to us.
For the purpose of the Data Protection Act 1998 (the “ Act”), the data processor is Big Wednesday IO Ltd (“we”/”Big Wednesday IO”). Big Wednesday IO Ltd is registered in England and Wales under company number 219586868. Our registered office is located at at 20 Ropemaker Street, London EC2Y 9AR.
This policy addresses and defines the universal policy and specific protocols that Big Wednesday IO has in place for the management and processing of all personal data including (but not limited to) that which is:
- generated and collected on our websites,
- generated and collected through our customers sites,
- generated and handled internally at Big Wednesday IO.
The nominated representative at Big Wednesday IO for the purpose of the Act is Alex Knights.
We protect your privacy and our objectives are to be transparent about how we process your personal data.
Any concerns or comments about this policy and questions about deleting or correcting your personal data should directed to our support team at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We do not process personal data unless we need it to deliver our products and services or to run our company efficiently.
- We don’t share your personal information (without your consent) with anyone except to comply with the law, develop our products or services or protect our rights.
- We don’t store personal information on servers unless required for the on-going operation of one of our products or services.
The type of information we collect from you
We may collect and process the following information about you in order to provide better products and services to you and/or to address your special requests or concerns:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on sites we operate. This includes information provided at the time of log in to use our site, subscribing to our service, requesting further services, participating in surveys or promotions. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our sites or our products and services.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence.
- Details of transactions you carry out through our site and of the fulfilment of your orders.
- Details of your visits on sites which have implemented our products or services and the resources that you access on such sites, including, but not limited to, date and time of access and requests, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes, to deliver and improve our products and services or otherwise.
- We may collect information about your computer, including without limitation, language preference, referring site, operating system and browser type. Statistical data about website users’ browsing actions and patterns does not identify any individual. This statistical data provides us with information regarding how many users visit a specific page on which our products and services are installed, how long they stay on that page, the type of content on that page, which hyperlinks (if any) they “click” on and how they generally engage with that page. This information is generally non-identifying, but if we combine it with you as a specific and identifiable person, we will treat it as personal information.
- Big Wednesday IO also collects potentially personally-identifying information like Internet Protocol (IP) addresses. We may collect other information about yourself, such as demographic information (gender, postcode, age, etc.) or certain information about your preferences and interests. If we combine demographic or other information we collect about you with personal information about you, we will treat the combined information as personal information.
- We do anonymize information and aggregate it with other information to improve our products and services
- When it comes to delivering our products and services, our mission is to improve websites and empower them to deliver better products to their customers. We do this by analysing a user’s entire journey on a website. What we do requires us to collect data of users on websites. To improve our product offering we anonymise user data collected on sites where our products and services are installed and use it – typically in an aggregated form – to determine trends relating to online user behaviour, publish reports and develop features designed to enable website operators to improve their sites.
We share your personal information in limited circumstances
- Big Wednesday IO discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only to those of its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations that: (i) need to know that information in order to process it on Big Wednesday IO’s behalf or to provide products and services on behalf Big Wednesday IO; and (ii) comply with this policy and any other appropriate confidentiality and security measures. Some of those employees, contractors and affiliated organisations may be located outside of your home country and you consent to the transfer of such information to them.
- Big Wednesday IO will not rent or sell potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information to anyone.
- Other than to its employees, contractors and affiliated organisations, as described above, Big Wednesday IO discloses potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information only in response to a subpoena, court order or other governmental request, or when Big Wednesday IO believes in good faith that disclosure is reasonably necessary to protect the property or rights of Big Wednesday IO, third parties or the public at large (this includes without limitation exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction.)
- If you are a registered user of a Big Wednesday IO website and have supplied your email address, Big Wednesday IO may occasionally send you an email to tell you about new features, solicit your feedback, or just keep you up to date with what’s going on with Big Wednesday IO and our products. We primarily use our various product blogs to communicate this type of information, so we expect to keep this type of email to a minimum. If you send us a request (for example via a support email or via one of our feedback mechanisms), we reserve the right to publish it in order to help us clarify or respond to your request or to help us support other users. Big Wednesday IO takes all measures reasonably necessary to protect against the unauthorised access, use, alteration or destruction of potentially personally-identifying and personally-identifying information.
You can block cookies by activating the setting on your browser that allows you to refuse the setting of all or some cookies or choose to disable Cookies by clicking on the disable cookies icon. If you find it difficult to change the setting on your browser please go to www.aboutcookies.org where you will find information on how to do this on a wide variety of browsers. Please be aware however, that if you use your browser settings to block all cookies (including essential cookies) you may not be able to access all or parts of our site.
Consent to transfer of information
By going to the Big Wednesday IO site or using sites which have implemented Big Wednesday IO’s products and services or by providing us with any information, you consent to the collection, processing, maintenance and transfer of personal information in and to the United States and other applicable territories in which the privacy laws may not be as comprehensive as or equivalent to those in the country where you reside and/or are a national.
Here is what happens to your personal information if there is a business transfer:
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase a business or assets. If we purchase another entity or if another entity acquires us or all or substantially all of our assets, or assets related to the Big Wednesday IO product offering, personal information, user data, and any other information that we have collected about the users of our products and services may be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and, if we or our assets are acquired, will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets. You acknowledge that such transfers may occur, and that any acquiror of Big Wednesday IO may continue to use your personal information as set forth in this policy.
How do we keep personal information secure?
We maintain tight controls over all the data we collect, retaining it in firewalled and secured databases with strictly limited and controlled access rights, to ensure it is secure. Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password that enables you to access certain features of the service, you are responsible for keeping this password confidential.
We will undertake internal reviews of our data collection, storage and processing practices and security measures, including appropriate encryption and physical security measures to guard against unauthorised access to systems where we store personal data. Please remember however that unfortunately no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure. Therefore, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. If you have any questions about security you can contact us at email@example.com.
If you subscribe to our services, the transmission of sensitive information collected on our order form is encrypted using secure socket layer technology (SSL). The payment information is securely stored with our payment processing partner and is secured by industry standard protocols.
Now this is important:
- You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use - your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes.
- You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by ticking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We want to ensure that any personal information we hold about you is correct and you have a right to ask us to update our records or delete any personal information we hold about you (although we may need to keep that information for legitimate business or legal purposes).
Access to information
The Act gives you the right to access information we hold about you. You simply need to comply with the Act to obtain information about you from us. We may need to charge you a fee of £10 to meet our costs in providing you with details of the information we hold about you. Thank you for your understanding.
Please be aware that we are under no obligation to store personal information indefinitely and disclaim any liability arising out of, or related to, the destruction of such personal information. In addition, please note we do not keep personal information for longer than is necessary but that it is not always possible to completely remove or delete all of your information from our databases without some residual data because of backups and other reasons. We will however ensure that your personal information is ‘put beyond use’ in that we will not be able, or will not attempt, to use such personal information to make any decision which will affect you, we will not give any other organisation access to such personal information and we will surround your personal information with appropriate technical and organisational security in line with this policy.
We may make changes to this policy